Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gods Love

I am inspired again by this beautiful Poem by the 13th century Sufi poet Yunis Emre:

Gods Love
How strange I feel under the hand of this love.
I can’t see my hand under the hand of this love.

Once I was the crown of the universe.
Now I'm dirt to walk on, under the hand of this love.

Like a lonely nightingale I call.
Blood streams from my eyes, under the hand of this love.

My face, like an autumn leaf, will glow,
darken and die, under the hand of this love.

On the Final Day with my collar torn,
let me weep, under the hand of this love.

What can I do when I am so far from Union?
My back bent under the hand of this love.

Yunus you pray for Taptuk* so much.
Don’t ask " What shall I do?" under the hand of this love.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Yunus spiritual teacher
From the book:
A Drop That Became The Sea ; Lyric Poems of Yunus Emre (a 13th Century Turkish Sufi), Published by Shambala Boston and London

No comments:

Post a Comment